Up in the sky! It’s a bird, it’s a plane…no, it’s Captain Contributor, the new superhero on a mission to help workers and employers save on their taxes. Captain Contributor increases employee engagement with and understanding of their employer-sponsored benefit plans.
Industry professionals know that consumer-directed health (CDH) plans offer a lot of advantages, including tax savings. Tax-advantaged CDH accounts include Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Dependent Care Assistance Plans (DCAP), Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs), and Transit/Commuter accounts. Unfortunately, employees often consider the accounts complex and boring, and won’t invest the time or effort to learn about them. But as all teachers know, when you make learning fun, students are eager to learn.
Who Is Captain Contributor?
Captain Contributor is the new employee engagement program from DataPath, developed exclusively for DataPath clients. The program gives TPAs a way to provide their employer groups with professional yet fun and interactive educational materials that encourage employees to learn about the benefits of tax-advantaged accounts.
As with any caped crusader, Captain Contributor has his own series of comic books based upon situational, real-life adventures dealt with in part with the help of tax-advantaged benefit accounts. To provide a complete learning experience, Captain Contributor also offers:
- His own web site, complete with informational blog posts
- Live, interactive social media accounts
- Fact sheets and informational videos on tax advantaged accounts
- Templates for email, letterhead, and PowerPoints
- Other materials that focus on CDH issues
A Friend to Employers, Employees and TPAs
Regardless of the format, all Captain Contributor materials are designed to help employees understand and appreciate the value of participating in tax-advantaged accounts. The materials cover a wide variety of CDH topics and are produced in a style and format that makes it easy for employees to digest basic financial concepts and understand how CDH accounts work.
TPAs who participate in the program also benefit through:
- Co-brandable materials. DataPath TPA clients can co-brand the documents with their own logo and contact information for maximum impact.
- Unique employee engagement. Captain Contributor materials are unlike anything currently on the market, enhancing open enrollment meetings and helping boost enrollment with entertaining, value-added content for participants.
- Affordability. DataPath clients can use electronic versions of most Captain Contributor materials at no cost and pay only a modest fee for printed and manufactured items.
DataPath officially launched the Captain Contributor employee engagement program on Monday, June 12, at their 2017 Connections client conference in Las Vegas, with a special live appearance by Captain Contributor himself and an in-depth presentation by the DataPath marketing team. Conference attendees each took home a special introductory kit of program materials.
Who says learning about CDH can’t be fun?! Visit captaincontributor.com to learn more about the Captain, his mission, and how he can help employees, employers, and TPAs with tax-advantaged accounts. You can also follow him on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.