Responsible for assisting the IT Department Manager with maintaining network infrastructure (Network), security, and performance monitoring. To ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
- Basic understanding of Balabit Syslog NG, Solarwinds Load and Event Manager Programs, Cisco Intrusion Prevention System and Intrusion Detection System, Barracuda web application firewalls, and Forti GAT-500.
- Understands and maintains Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and SaaS compliance.
- Heavy emphasis on managing security audits such as PCI/DSS, HIPAA, and SOC/SSAE
- Establish and regulate end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations
- Knowledge of network security automation and security of hybrid cloud environments are a plus
- Play a leading role in maintaining DataPath Corporate Compliance Programs, Security Awareness Essentials and HIPAA regulations.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Creating tools to support research efforts Mitigating threats by gathering information and developing plans
- Creating and testing disaster recovery procedures to keep IT running in the event of a security breach
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Other duties as assigned and may include IT Help Desk activities
- Work hours prescribed by the IT Manager and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should possess:
- BS degree in a related field and 5-8 years of experience in network security, preferably in a financial institution or health care
- CISSP, CISM, or related network security/privacy certifications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively articulate complex network security protocols in response to customer, prospect, vendor, management, and auditor requests
- Demonstrated experience in designing, updating, and managing security training protocols
- Demonstrated experience monitoring networks for security breaches and data trends; Developing best practices and security standards
- Understanding of server, router/hub functions.
- Technical writing in computer hardware and software
- Able to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve processes
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job duties as described and must not require sponsorship to legally work in the United States.
From $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Information Security: 5 years (Preferred)
- PCI/DSS or SOC audit: 4 years (Preferred)
- CISSP or CISM (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
There’s something special about DataPath. We work hard with our clients to improve the condition of healthcare in our society through innovative technology solutions. We pride ourselves on our relationships with our clients and work hand-in-hand with them to build powerful software systems that administer healthcare benefit plans and specialized payment solutions. We’re a rapidly growing, privately-owned business with a fun and friendly environment and healthy work/life balance. We work hard together, encourage open communication, and dedicate ourselves to reaching our full potential. And we have a lot of fun too. For more information, visit www.dpath.com.