The SQL Database Administrator is responsible for critical aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, capacity planning, performance tuning, monitoring, automation, backup and recovery in managing clusters of SQL servers at any given time. Enterprise experience is required in cloning of data from multiple environments, database and application optimization including performance turning, query optimization and support-ability.
The Database Administrator is responsible for working with product operations, the software development teams and product management group to share in responsibilities for architecture, database standards and meeting product service levels. The goal of this interdepartmental collaboration is to create a high level of customer satisfaction by assuring the quality, stability, and performance of the DataPath software product infrastructure and offerings.
The SQL Server Database Administrator position supports both our domestic and international teams. Teleworking may be allowed for this position, but the successful candidate must be onsite as work requirements dictate.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should possess:
- BS in a related field and 5-7 years of experience with SQL Server database technologies including SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server 2012-2019, MySQL, PostegreSQL
- Strong experience in relational databases, backup and restore operations, replication, and database management
- Understands database design and architecture best practices
- Experience with database monitoring tools such as Solarwinds DPA, custom powershell scripting
- Experience with system development lifecycle technologies
- MS SQL Server, AWS and/or Azure Certification preferred
- Powershell experience is a MUST
- Active Directory and Windows Administration experience
- .NET Programming
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job duties as described and must not require sponsorship to legally work in the United States.
From $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Microsoft SQL Server: 5 years (Preferred)
- Database Administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
There’s something special about DataPath. We work hard with our clients to improve the condition of healthcare in our society through innovative technology solutions. We pride ourselves on our relationships with our clients and work hand-in-hand with them to build powerful software systems that administer healthcare benefit plans and specialized payment solutions. We’re a rapidly growing, privately-owned business with a fun and friendly environment and healthy work/life balance. We work hard together, encourage open communication, and dedicate ourselves to reaching our full potential. And we have a lot of fun too. For more information, visit www.dpath.com.