The Payroll Specialist will manage and process payroll for DataPath Administrative Services, Inc. clients. Duties for this position will include recording and processing multi-client payroll, providing timely and accurate financial information and participating in daily data entry Payroll processing.
High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of payroll-processing
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Knowledge of tax processing/reporting
- Experience with ACA reporting
- Experience with Workers’ Compensation audits
- Commitment to provide outstanding customer service
- Perform daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual payroll operations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting
- Process manual checks
- Update and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Respond to client needs
- Train clients on software as needed
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.