- US work authorization (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Content creation: 3 years (Preferred)
Job description for Content Marketing Specialist
As our Content Marketing Specialist, you will develop written content for marketing, advertising, public relations, and other communications purposes for a primarily B2B audience. Our marketing team is small but mighty, and your role substantial. You should be highly creative and an expert storyteller, have a keen eye for detail and a strong knowledge of content trends. You will draft written content, manage the content creation and publishing process, and monitor content metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create content for a variety of platforms including email, direct mail, collateral, blogs, web, social media, videos, and more.
- Acquire a high level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and services, our competitors, and the employee benefits administration industry as a whole.
- Manage content calendars and ensure that the content remains consistent across all platforms.
- Ensure that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented in published content.
- Perform background research on industry trends and specific topics to ensure that content is accurate, relevant, and appealing.
- Track analytics and generate reports and presentations.
- Coordinate with campaign and design staff to ensure the timely delivery of assignments.
- Assist other team members with special projects as time permits.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, advertising, journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in copywriting and content creation. Be prepared to show samples of your writing.
- Excellent collaborative skills as well as the ability to work independently.
- The ability to work under pressure and to work outside normal business hours on occasion to meet specific deadlines.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint. Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp a big plus.
- Sound knowledge of various content platforms such as social media, blogs, and print media.
- Good understanding of content practices such as SEO, SMO, SEM, and PPC.
- The ability to keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in technology.
DataPath employees have the option of working remotely full-time, working in the office full-time, or a combination of both.
There’s something special about DataPath. We work hard with our clients to improve the condition of healthcare in our society through innovative technology solutions. We pride ourselves on our relationships with our clients and work hand-in-hand with them to build powerful software systems that administer healthcare benefit plans and specialized payment solutions. We’re a rapidly growing, privately-owned business with a fun and friendly environment and healthy work/life balance. We work hard together, encourage open communication, and dedicate ourselves to reaching our full potential. And we have a lot of fun too. For more information, visit www.dpath.com.