The accounting director/controller is a working manager accountable for leading the accounting team in such activities as A/R, A/P, G/L transactions, collections, reconciliations. This position is also responsible for the production of monthly and annual financial reports, cost accounting, cash flow management, including treasury functions, allocations, and establishing and maintaining accounting policies and internal controls.
Certified Public Accountant (desired)
- 8-12 years of progressive accounting experience in technology or banking
- 3-5 years of experience in managing teams
- Experience in multi-divisional organizations
- Experience with organizational accounting platforms, such as Great Plains (highly desired) and QuickBooks
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report with external tax preparer
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Coach junior team members
- Drive and facilitate change in procedures to generate efficiencies
This position is responsible for managing the accounting department
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This description is not intended to be all encompassing and other duties may be assigned, as needed.